The Opera Mask provides LED Light Therapy is a safe and effective treatment that stimulates a natural reaction which is similar to the photosynthesis of a plant, this triggers the body to convert light energy to cell energy, the treatments are quick and painless with no downtime.
Frequently asked questions
What are the proven benefits of low-level light therapy ?
The benefits of Low-Level Light Therapy are numerous and depend on the wavelength of the light being absorbed. Put another way, blue light has effects on the tissues completely different to red light.
Depending on the wavelength of the light energy applied, the improved cell activity might result in an:
- Enhanced anti-inflammatory effect
- Enhanced anti-bacterial effect
- Improved wound healing
- Increased skin tightening
- Elevated skin elasticity
- Neocollagenisis (stimulation of collagen)
- Increased localised blood flow, for healing
- An analgesia (pain reduction) effect, post treatment
How does phototherapy work ?
The effects of Phototherapy and LLLT are photochemical, the mask has four settings (light colours) when the correct intensity and frequency are used, the light energy photons, generated by the LED light sources, are absorbed by selected chromophores in the tissue, increasing Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP) levels and leading to enhanced cell metabolism.
Technically, it stimulates mitochondrial and ATP production; promoting blood circulation and tissue oxygenation, leading to pain relief & cell proliferation and facilitating the creation and extension of the anti-ageing enzyme. Using the mask in combination with other treatments Peels and Microneedling (Nanopore) enhances the therapeutic effects and speeds up the healing process.
What is Galvanic Therapy ?
Galvanic current is an optional treatment with the OPERA LED mask and is used in conjunction with hydrogel masks. It can be used as an independent treatment regime, or in combination with LED light therapy. This function originally invented as a treatment for facial palsy, microcurrent has been used in aesthetics, where it is often known as facial toning or non-surgical face lifting, for its advantages in skin tightening and rejuvenation, benefits include
- Increasing blood and lymph circulation
- Enhancing the penetration of the active ingredients of the skin formulations
- Collagenesis and increasing elastin-production
- Increasing mitochondria activity and adenosine triphosphate (ATP) production
- Elevated protein synthesis, gluco-neogenesis and cell membrane transport
Is the treatment painful ?
Microcurrent pulse equipment delivers minute electrical pulses designed to mirror the body’s own bio-electric field. Treatment should never be painful, is usually imperceptible, and at most is felt as mild tingling. The treatment begins on the highest setting and can be reduced if irritation or discomfort is experienced by the patient.
How long will the treatment take ?
The treatment will generally be from 5 – 30 minutes
How will this benefit my skin ?
- The microcurrent pulses instantaneously open pores in the skin while the changing charge actively pushes nutrients and products (either from the hydrogel mask or other cosmetics) through the skin barrier and into the deeper layers of the epidermis. The before and after images shows the healing process and skin nourishment associated with a Galvanic and Hydrogel mask treatment.
- Skin nourishment.
- Skin cleansing.
- Toning of facial muscles.
- Decreasing wrinkles.
- Restoration of sun-damaged skin (would like this text next to photographs)